Happy Valentine's Day
Every year for Valentin's Day I try out a new sweet for my husband. He loves chocolate chip cookies, so this recipe seemed perfect!!
- First I made the cookies....
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
3/4 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cups packed brown suger
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 1/2 cups chocolate morsels ( I prefer dark chocolate but milk chocolate would be just as good
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda, set aside. Beat butter, both sugars, and vanilla with a mixer until well combined and creamy. Add eggs one at a time. Gradually add dry mixture, once combined add chocolate chips.
- I used a table spoon cookie scoop to make similar size cookies. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, until the edges are just golden brown.
- While the cookies are cooling make the filling.
1 1/2 cups confectioners' suger
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 jar marshmallow creme (about 7 oz)
1 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (if you are not a fan of coconut use vanilla extract)
- With a mixer, beat butter until creamy. Add confectioners' sugar and salt, mix well. Add marshmallow creme and coconut extract, mix well.
- Once the cookies are cool I added the creme to the middle like a sandwich. I then put them in the fridge to cool while I melted the chocolate.
- I used dark chocolate but you can use milk chocolate too!!
- I melted the chocolate in a glass measuring cup in the microwave for about 2 minutes. I stopped it every 30 seconds to check and stir.
- Dunk the cookies and then place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place them back in the fridge to cool. The cookies will be ready in about 30 minutes. Keep refrigerated.