Friday, February 25, 2011

A little about me....

My name is Crystal and I live on the Jersey shore. I graduated from the Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, with a degree in Environmental Science. I work now as an Environmental Scientist, but have always had a talent and love for making things.

I started sewing when I was young, like most I took a home economics class in middle school. Soon after, my mother bought me my first sewing machine and over time using a bit of creativity, I made some pretty neat creations.

I began 'up-cycling' old items into one one of a kind functional pieces just trying to be more eco-friendly. I love to take a piece of "unwanted" clothing and make it new again and into something useful. My goal is to use as much of the clothing items as possible so as to give a second life to something used, and contribute as little as possible to the waste stream.

Along with sewing I also crotchet and throw pottery.


On the weekends me and my fiance spend time with our two wonderful dogs outside. We love to hike, explore, and garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment